Over time, natural fat begins to deteriorate, resulting in sagging skin, more prominent wrinkles and a reduction of volume. Restylane Lyft, formerly known as Perlane-L®, is an injectable hyaluronic acid gel used to correct volume loss and treat wrinkles in the face and hands. Through nonsurgical injections, Restylane Lyft is specifically designed to add fullness to the cheeks, midface area, and the back of the hands to help complete your aesthetic look — for face and hands.
- Proven to improve the volume in the back of the hands for up to 6 months.
- Proven to add volume to the midface area for up to 12 months.
- Proven to correct nasolabial folds for up to 6 months.
- Restylane® Lyft is dually indicated to enhance and shape the cheek area and correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds.
How is Restylane® Lyft different?
Restylane® Lyft is a hyaluronic acid filler, which can be reversed, if desired.
Are there any off-label uses for it?
Restylane® Lyft is used off label to enhance the prominence of the jaw and rejuvenate a sagging neck.
What is the pain level?
Minimal pain level.
How many injections on average are needed and how much do they cost?
Full correction is achieved in one visit. Most people need approximately 2 syringes.
How long do the results last for?
The results last 10-18 months on average. Repeat injections lead to cumulative and prolonged benefits.
Can it be used in conjunction with Botox and other injections?
Yes. Botox can be used in the brow and crows feet areas. Restylane® Silk can be used in the lip lines. Restylane® or Juvederm can be used in the nasolabial folds, marionette lines and chin crease. Each filler has a purpose and the combined results can achieve a natural and noticeable youthful appearance without looking overdone!
How long should you wait before peels and lasers?
One week if it is at the same location. Treatments can be combined when concerns regarding different areas are being addressed during the same visit.
Are there any reasons why I should not use products within the Restylane® family? (Contraindications)
To ensure a safe procedure, your doctor will talk to you about your medical history to determine if you are an appropriate candidate for treatment. You should not use products within the Restylane family if:
- You have severe allergies with a history of severe reactions (anaphylaxis)
- You are allergic to lidocaine or to any of the gram-positive bacterial proteins used to make hyaluronic acid
- You are prone to bleeding or have been diagnosed with a bleeding disorder
Are there other precautions that I should discuss with my doctor?
- Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding, pregnant, or trying to become pregnant. The safety of these products for use during pregnancy, or in women who are breastfeeding, has not been studied
- Restylane, Restylane-L, Restylane® Lyft with Lidocaine, Restylane Refyne and Restylane Defyne are intended to treat facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds. Restylane and Restylane-L are also intended for lip enhancement. Restylane® Lyft with Lidocaine is also intended for injection in the dorsal hand to correct volume loss. Treatments in other areas of the face or body have not been evaluated in clinical studies.
- The safety and effectiveness of Restylane® Silk for areas other than the lips and perioral area have not been evaluated in clinical studies.
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of scarring, particularly thick and stiff scars, or any pigmentation (skin color) disorders. These side effects can occur with hyaluronic acid fillers in general.
- Tell your doctor if you are planning other laser treatments or a chemical peel, as there is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if these procedures are performed after treatment
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection with these products may be at a higher risk for side effects
- Tell your doctor if you are on any medications to decrease your body’s immune response (immunosuppressive therapy). Using these medications may increase your risk of bruising or bleeding at the gel injection site.
- Tell your doctor if you are using any “blood thinners” such as aspirin, warfarin, or any other medications that affect bleeding. Using these medications may increase your risk of bruising or bleeding at the gel injection site.
- The use of these products on gel injection sites with skin sores, pimples, rashes, hives, cysts, or infections should be postponed until healing is complete. Use of product in these areas could delay healing or make your skin problems worse.
- Tell your doctor if you have diseases, injuries, or disabilities of the hand.
What are the possible side effects?
The most commonly observed side effects are swelling, redness, pain, bruising, headache, tenderness, lump formation, itching at the injection site, and impaired hand function. These are typically mild in severity and typically resolve in less than 7 days in nasolabial folds and less than 14 days in lips. Serious but rare side effects include delayed onset infections, recurrence of herpetic eruptions, and superficial necrosis at the injection site.
One of the risks with using this product is unintentional injection into a blood vessel. The chances of this happening are very small, but if it does happen, the complications can be serious, and may be permanent. These complications, which have been reported for facial injections, can include vision abnormalities, blindness, stroke, temporary scabs, or permanent scarring of the skin.
As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.
To report a side effect with any of the Restylane products, please call Galderma Laboratories, L.P. at 1-855-425-8722.
Treatment Problem or Condition
Facial Volume Loss, Sagging/Loose Skin, Wrinkles
1 cc syringe
Restylane® Lyft with Lidocaine is indicated for implantation into the deep dermis to superficial subcutis for the correction of moderate to severe facial folds and wrinkles, such as nasolabial folds.
Restylane® Lyft with Lidocaine is indicated for subcutaneous to supraperiosteal implantation for cheek augmentation and correction of age-related midface contour deficiencies in patients over the age of 21.
Restylane® Lyft with Lidocaine is indicated for injection into the subcutaneous plane in the dorsal hand to correct volume deficit in patients over the age of 21.
Restylane® Lyft with Lidocaine is a sterile gel of hyaluronic acid generated by Streptococcus species of bacteria, chemically cross-linked with BDDE, stabilized and suspended in phosphate buffered saline at pH=7 and concentration of 20 mg/mL with 0.3% lidocaine.