You might be familiar with traditional liposuction methods, but Tickle Lipo offers something truly revolutionary in the world of body contouring. This minimally invasive procedure combines fat-elimination benefits with an easier recovery and less downtime.
Learn why this innovative liposuction method might be ideal if you’re looking for a more gentle procedure without taking too much time off from work — and what you can do to have an overall faster and easier recovery.
What Is Tickle Lipo?
Officially referred to as Nutational Infrasonic Liposculpture (NIL), Tickle Lipo is a specialized procedure that extracts unwanted fat to achieve more slender, sculpted body contours. This name provides a glimpse into the technique’s core principles:
- Nutational: Refers to the circular, rocking movement of the cannula — the thin tube used to remove fat cells.
- Infrasonic: Describes the low-frequency sound waves produced by the oscillating cannula.
- Liposculpture: Indicates a focus on sculpting the body into more pleasing contours rather than just fat removal.
When combined, these elements create a procedure that not only eliminates unwanted fat but also allows for precision sculpting with minimal tissue disturbance.
The Power of Infrasonic Technology
Unlike traditional liposuction, the Tickle Lipo procedure employs low-frequency sound waves generated by the nutational motion of the cannula. The frequency of these sound waves is too low for humans to hear but can be felt as vibrations. Tickle Lipo’s infrasound vibrations serve multiple purposes.
First, they dislodge and liquefy the fat cells, allowing for more efficient removal while keeping the surrounding tissue largely unharmed. Second, some patients experience a tickling sensation due to these low-frequency vibrations, contributing to a more comfortable treatment experience and the name “Tickle Lipo.”
Small Incisions and Minimal Tissue Trauma
Dr. Moore uses a micro-cannula (a very tiny hollow tube) for this procedure, allowing for smaller incisions and further reducing trauma to adjacent tissues, making recovery much more manageable.
Top Recovery Tips After Tickle Lipo
Taking an active role in your recovery can significantly enhance your experience after Tickle Lipo. From the foods you eat to the activities you engage in, several practical steps can contribute to a faster, safer and more efficient healing process.
Here are the top Tickle Lipo recovery tips to get you back to your usual routine and feeling your best as quickly and safely as possible:
- DO Wear Compression Garments: These specially designed garments can reduce swelling and improve the contouring effect of the procedure on your body. Make sure to wear yours as recommended.
- DO Stay Hydrated: Drinking plenty of fluids aids in flushing out toxins from your body, contributing to a more seamless healing process. Proper hydration can also help reduce post-surgical swelling.
- DO Pay Attention to Your Nutrition: Focus on a balanced diet rich in proteins, vitamins and minerals that support tissue repair and overall well-being. For example, lean meats, fish, legumes, fruits and vegetables are excellent choices to nourish your body during the recovery phase.
- DO Maintain Light Physical Activity: Gentle movements like walking can help improve circulation and speed up the healing process.
- DO Get Adequate Sleep: Your body heals itself most effectively during sleep. Make sure you’re getting enough quality rest during the recovery period.
- DO Schedule Downtime: While you can do a lot to boost your recovery, we still advise you to plan for three to five days off from work and other major responsibilities after your procedure. This period allows your body the essential time it needs to heal and adapt, maximizing the beautiful results you aim for with Tickle Lipo.
- DO Monitor for Signs of Infection: Though rare, infections can occur. Keep an eye out for symptoms such as increased redness, swelling or unusual discharge at the incision site, and contact us if you notice any.
- DO Attend Regular Check-Ups: Go to all scheduled follow-up appointments with Dr. Moore so he can monitor your progress and make any necessary adjustments to your recovery plan.
- DO Follow Your Customized Instructions: Dr. Moore and the team at The Lifestyle Center will provide you with tailored aftercare guidance based on your unique needs.
- DON’T Smoke: Smoking can delay the healing process. If you’re a smoker, aim to quit before your procedure and maintain this throughout your recovery.
- DON’T Drink Alcohol: Alcohol can interact with any medications you may be taking and may also delay wound healing.
- DON’T Engage in Strenuous Exercise: High-intensity workouts in the first few weeks after surgery can delay healing. Consult Dr. Moore for advice on when you can safely resume your usual fitness regimen.
Why Choose Dr. Moore and The Lifestyle Center?
Choosing where to have your liposuction procedure isn’t just about the technique; it’s also about your practitioner’s expertise. It’s critical to opt for a professional who not only understands the intricacies of the Tickle Lipo technique but also has a proven track record of achieving exceptional results.
Dr. Moore at The Lifestyle Center in St. Louis brings years of experience and a meticulous approach to give you the best treatment possible. He is board certified by the National Board of Physicians and Surgeons and a member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery.
Intrigued by What Tickle Lipo Has to Offer?
Opting for Tickle Lipo means choosing a scientifically backed, minimally invasive fat removal procedure that emphasizes both effectiveness and patient comfort. This translates to a quicker recovery time, less discomfort and a smoother overall experience — especially under the skilled hands of Dr. Moore at The Lifestyle Center.
If Tickle Lipo sounds like the right fit for you, don’t hesitate to schedule a consultation with Dr. Moore to learn whether this innovative procedure could meet your body-contouring needs.
Learn More – Further Reading About Body Contouring
Check out our other blogs to learn more about Tickle Lipo and how it compares to other body contouring procedures.